Tonight’s dinner was inspired by Laura over at Becoming the odd duck. I didn’t have all the ingredients that she used so I decided to make a few alterations which turned out supper yumm!
Here are both versions
Laura’s version(which I will be trying soon):
Quick Pasta EntréeServes 1
- 1 1/2 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 small-medium raw broccoli (yields about 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water in stock pot. Once boiling, add whole wheat pasta and cook for 9 minutes. Feel free to add a splash of olive oil if you want to prevent sticking.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop broccoli and rinse under water. Add to microwave safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes.
3. While broccoli is cooking, dice sundried tomatoes. If using tomatoes in oil, blot oil away until dry first.
4. Add diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup chick peas to broccoli bowl and microwave together for another minute to 1-1/2 minutes.
5. Once pasta is finished, drain in colander and add back to warm stock pot. Add broccoli/tomato/chick pea mixture back to pan along with 1 tsp olive oil and spices. Mix together until spices coat everything and everything is heated together. Toss cheese in at last minute and mix. Move directly to serving bowl. Enjoy!
Here is my version:
Makes 3-4 servings
I only used approximately
- half a head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup of honey greek yogurt
- 5 tsp of Light raspberry dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4th cup of raisins
- 1/2 box of whole wheat pasta
Clearly she is the chef so her directions are much better…I do more of a dump and poor type of method.
1.First I put the pasta water on to boil2.While this was coming to a boil I chopped up my broccoli, and onion3. Cook pasta al dente’4. mix in yogurt, dressing and raisins5. Lightly butter noodles and serve with broccoli salad mixed in.
I also did not cook my broccoli salad, only the Pasta
Peace, Love and Happy Blogging